| Even if everything has been predestined, will you not oppose it?|
This page contains spoilers pertaining to the plot or storyline of this game. Read on at your own risk, especially if you haven't played this game!
|Machinery that extends into the Central Pit|
|Location||Bionis' Upper Leg, Below Colony 6|
|Skip Travel Points||9|
|Exits To||Colony 6|
|Appears In||Xenoblade Chronicles|
Ether Mine is a multi-level pit that extends deep into the Bionis. It is a great source of Ether Crystals, and as a result there are numerous Ether Deposits to be utilized.
At the Mine's lowest level there is a river of Ether, concentrations of which are so high that anyone--or anything--that falls into it will not last very long!
Most of this area becomes inaccessible once the plot progresses, so be sure to get all the named locations and Skip Travel Points on your first trip, especially in the Central Pit portion of the Mine!
 Rescuing Juju
Sharla does not believe that the Mechon have found every possible passageway in the Ether Mine, hence her suggestion to use it as a way to sneak into Colony 6. However, her logic isn't accurate, as when they approach the Storage Depot Sharla and company hear an ether rifle firing. Upon investigation, she finds Otharon, her Commanding Officer in the Colony 6 Defence Force, trying to repel some Mechon.
It is then brought to light that the Mechon have been keeping everyone prisoner in the lower levels of the Mine, and much to Sharla's dismay, Gadolt has gone missing. Just as they're about to move out for the lower levels, Shulk receives a vision of Otharon falling to his death. When he tries to reason with Otharon, he gets chewed out, yet Reyn could sense that something was up with his best friend.
They proceed, knowing that the lower levels will be crawling with Mechon, and at the bottom they've found that the Base Level of the Central Pit is being used as a banquet hall for the Mechon.
 Colony 6 Reconstruction
While the Central Pit cannot be accessed after the story progresses, by leveling up Colony 6's Nature you'll receive better Ether Crystals from the Ether Mine, starting with Nature reaching Level 3. This makes the Ether Mine a fantastic place to mine for Ether Crystals, making the Colony 6 Reconstruction much worth it, and not just for the rewards of progressing each level!
 Always Accessible
These Ether Crystal deposits will always be accessible regardless of story progression.
- Electric: First Deposit East-Southeast of Central Terminal
- Fire: Second Deposit East-Southeast of Central Terminal
- Ice: East of Test Pit 4
 Inaccessible After Story Progresses
- These Ether Crystal Deposits are only available on your first and only trip into the Central Pit's Ether Mine, as the area becomes Inaccessible after the story progresses past this part.
- Water: South of Personnel Lift 2
- HP Up II
- Paralysis Resist II
- Earth: South-Southeast of Regulation Piston
- Attack Stability II
- Bleed Defence II
- Electric: B2's East-Most Crystal Deposit
- Ether Up II
- Physical Def Down II
- Earth: B2's North-Most Crystal Deposit
- Muscle Up II
- Ether Down II
- Ice: B2's Northwest Crystal Deposit
- Ether Def Up II
- Ether Protect II
- Fire: B2's West-Most Crystal Deposit
- Strength Up II
- Revival HP Up II
- Wind: North-Northwest of Personnel Lift 3
- Agility Up II
- Quick Step II
- Ice: North-Most Crystal Deposit
- Ether Def Up II
- Bind II
Unlike many other areas, there aren't any sidequests in the Ether Mine itself, but a few sidequests from a Merchant Nopon outside Colony 6 require going through the early parts of the Ether Mine.
 Story Enemies
In the first battle against Xord, he'll summon the following to help him with his Call Minions Art:
 Additional Enemies
- See Ether Mine/Monsters for a complete list of Monsters in Colony 9, along with Unique Monsters.
- See Ether Mine/Collectopaedia for full details of the items that are in the Collectopaedia.
- A Broken Watch
- A Wistful Glow